Volvo Ocean Race
In 2016, Newport Hospitality was nominated for an astonishing six industry awards, all for our work on Corporate Hospitality for the Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover in May 2015.
The Special Event (TSE) Gala Awards:
• Best Multiple-Day Event Program for a Corporation or Association
Association of Destination Management, Executives International (ADMEI) Awards:
• Achievement Award - Best Overall Program
• Excellence Awards - Excellence in Meeting Services
CaterSource & Event Solutions Spotlight Awards:
• Event Company of the Year – Finalist
International Live Events Association (ILEA) Esprit Awards:
• Best Meeting/Conference Program Over $250,000
• Best ILEA Team Effort Over $150,000
Rhode Island Hospitality Association Awards:
• Mary Brennan Tourism Award (2015), awarded to the local Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover team which included Sail Newport, Discover Newport, DEM and Newport Hospitality.
Additional Newport Hospitality Awards
Excellence in Business Award from the Newport County Chamber of Commerce (2016):
• Newport Hospitality - Woman Owned Business
International Special Events Society Esprit (2014):
• Best Team Effort for an event over $150,000 for the NASPL 2013 Annual Conference Sponsor Event
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Isenberg School of Management:
• Stephen E. Elmont Award (2014) - Laurie Stroll
Destination Management Company (DMC) Accreditation
Newport Hospitality voluntarily went "under the microscope" to become the first and only DMC in Rhode Island (and all of New England) to receive ADMC Accreditation by the Association of Destination Management Executives. Although it's not mandatory, being accredited gives our clients the added level of peace of mind knowing they are partnering with an industry-leading company.
Why select an Accredited Destination Management Company (ADMC)? Below are just some of the 17 standards that DMCs must adhere to in order to become accredited. Accredited DMCs are also required to re-certify annually and to reapply after the third year.
- ADMCs have been registered businesses for a minimum of 5 years, maintain a proper business license and remain in good standing within the state and province they operate in. (Newport Hospitality has been in operation for over 25 years)
- ADMCs directly provide four (4) of the (5) core DMC services; special events, staffing, tours, transportation coordination and program logistics
- ADMCs maintain a permanent non-residential office and have standard Monday through Friday office hours.
- ADMCs maintain comprehensive insurance, sufficient to protect clients, including a minimum of $1million General Liability, Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions) and Workers Compensation. (Newport Hospitality has $5 million General Liability Insurance)
- ADMCs administer written or electronic client satisfaction surveys for all programs operated, for quality control purposes. The results of these surveys are reviewed and discussed as part of an ongoing continuous improvement program
- ADMCs adhere to ADME's Code of Ethical Conduct (available at www.adme.org) To learn more about the ADMC accreditation process.
Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Accreditation
Newport Hospitality is a 100% women-owned business officially certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC certification is a rigorous, multi-faceted business application and review process to ensure that women-owned businesses applying for certification are 51% owned, operated, and controlled by a woman or group of women.
With this certification, major corporations can satisfy supplier diversity contract needs when utilizing our services.
Industry certifications are another way we stay ahead of the curve for our clients. By investing in education and instilling our team with industry best practices, we offer the utmost in professionalism to our clients.
- Destination Management Certified Professional (DMCP)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Certified Association Sales Executive (CASE)